Cardiff Metropolitan University
Counselling reach increases by 45%
Breathe has been collaborating with Cardiff Metropolitan University expanding its provision of counselling services. The joint service offers support for students experiencing difficulties with their mental health. Students can access a wide range of talking therapies with a focus on learning strategies and skills that promote wellbeing.
What was the challenge?
- The mental health and wellbeing of students is key. Extra support was required to accommodate long waiting lists.
- Different counselling approaches work for different people. Cardiff Metropolitan University wanted a more diverse team of counsellors to support students.
- Particular times and days were more in demand than others. Therefore counsellors with more flexible availability were essential.
- The university recognised the need for extra wellbeing services to support student’s outside of academic term times.
- Finally, it is important for the university to deliver high-quality student services. Having extra resources means more students are supported to succeed and be prepared for their next steps.
Four counsellors experienced in different modalities work alongside the university
An increase in allocations has resulted in shorter waiting lists and 45% more reach
Ongoing support. We always keep in touch to review and analyse the effectiveness of counselling services
Contributing towards the library of best practice self-help resources to support student mental health
We share a common vision, values of the counselling services that support students mental health and wellbeing
Want more information about how Breathe can support your organisation? Get in touch!