Breathe are working with Platfform’s dementia project (DIAL) to run a Carers Group for those supporting people living with dementia.
The sessions run for 10 weeks starting Wednesday 14th July 2021 2 – 3:30pm and Friday 16th July 2021 10 – 11:30am.
- Week 1 – Introductions and sharing caring experiences
- Week 2 – Guest speaker talks about different types of dementia
- Week 3 – Change and communication
- Week 4 – Guest speaker talks about nutrition
- Week 5 – Loss and grief
- Week 6 – Guest speaker talks about finances
- Week 7 – Carer’s needs
- Week 8 – Guest speaker talks about mindfulness
- Week 9 – Carer’s wellbeing
- Week 10 – Planning the here-and-now and thinking about the future
A space for connection
Although there’s a weekly plan for the sessions, we also want the group to be varied, and to be able to discuss topics that you want covered. There will be a chance to discuss shared experiences, the positive aspects and the challenges of being a carer, and tips and coping strategies. There’ll also be some sessions where guest speakers will be offering information and advice on subjects that you may find really helpful.
If you would like to participate please email DIAL_Admin@platfform.org to book your place. These sessions will take place via Zoom.
There will also be an opportunity for 1:1 counselling if you feel you would need extra support to be able to join the group.