In conjunction with Breathe, Effro will be running a Carers group for those supporting people living with dementia.
About this event
The sessions run for 10 weeks starting Tuesday 8th February 2022 14:00 – 15:30 and will take place in person at v21 Spectrwm, Bwlch Road, Cardiff, CF5 3EF unit 7
Our caseworkers will have activities in an adjacent room for the person you are caring for to take part in if you wish.
The types of sessions that are covered are (weeks of guest speakers may change).
- Week 1 – Introductions and sharing caring experiences
- Week 2 – Guest speaker talks about different types of dementia
- Week 3 – Change and communication
- Week 4 – Guest speaker talks about nutrition
- Week 5 – Loss and grief
- Week 6 – Guest speaker talks about finances
- Week 7 – Carer’s needs
- Week 8 – Guest speaker talks about mindfulness
- Week 9 – Carer’s wellbeing
- Week 10 – Planning the here-and-now and thinking about the future
A space for connection
There will be a chance to discuss shared experiences, the positives and challenges of being a carer and be able to share tips and coping strategies. There will also be some sessions where guest speakers will be offering information and advice on subjects that may assist you.
We will be running an activity group alongside in a separate room which the person you care for is more than welcome to attend at the same time.
People will also have access to free therapies including counselling, reflexology and shiatsu.